CLICK here TO APPLY NOW
BlueStar provides leadership training & development for young people aged 16-18, involving participants in the decision making of PCYC & rewarding them for continuing to make contributions to their community.
At the heart of the 9 month program are the 'Star' values of citizenship, commitment, respect, resilience & integrity. The program involves participants completing the following components:
- 3 camps focusing on PCYC Values, Leadership Training & Safety Training;
- Using the knowledge gained to plan and implement a Club-based project at their local PCYC
- Completion of a Certificate III in Fitness
- The chance to complete the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- Participation in a Franklin Covey 'Seven Habits for Highly Effective Teens' workshop
BlueStar gives young people the opportunity to develop themselves as citizens & community leaders in a best practice youth development program.